Monday, August 3, 2015

Love This Guy So Much

  Happy 30th Anniversary Mom and Dad. I'm sure it will be a memorable one being in New Orleans. That is so neat to hear that Tanner was able to be there to help with the baptism of that man and to give a talk on the Holy Ghost. We have had the most amazing miracles and I have some big news this week. Two weeks ago a young man who was the grandson of the Graffs, who is a senior couple working in the office came teaching with us. He was unsure about going out on a mission but wanted to come teach with us to see what it was like. He came out with us and as Elder Crapo and I taught the lesson the Spirit was there but not very strong. Then, when he bore his testimony on prayer, the Spirit was so strong. Then today, two weeks later, Sister Graff came in to the office and said that she wanted to thank us for something. She explained that last night Keaton went to talk with his bishop and is putting his mission papers in in two weeks. She asked him what the defining moment was for him, then she looked at us and started crying and said, "He told me it was Minnesota." I was so pumped. I'm emailing him today to tell him how excited I am for him that he is going. It will no doubt change his life forever. 
     Another neat experience from this last Friday. I was on an exchange with an Elder and we went to see a referral in an apartment building. The referral wasn't there so we knocked on all the doors right next to and across from his. A couple people rejected us and so we started walking out, but the both of us still felt that there was someone that we needed to find in the building. So I asked him to pray for a specific number that we should go knock on. He came up with 319. So we go knock on the door and my heart was pumping pretty hard because I was really hoping it would work for this kid. Of course nobody answered. So we start to head out again when he says, "Wait let's knock one more door." The next door we knock was perfect. A lady in her young 30's opened the door and we made fun of her having so many cats(She had like 4 cats but it turned out she was just cat sitting for someone else.) She laughed and then told us she had just moved into the area a month ago and was looking for a church. She agreed to come to church the following Sunday and to bring her kid. Elder Boekweg and I looked at each other after she closed the door with our jaws open. Then ran outside and started yelling we were so excited. Some old man across the street jumped pretty bad which was funny. I was so excited for Elder B to be able to see that on our exchange. It helped me out and so I'm sure it was good for him as well.
     The big news though is that I'm getting transferred. I am going back to Eastside St. Paul. Back to my birth place for the last transfer. I really couldn't have asked for anything better. It was where I started, and where it all ends. As I was thinking about my last transfer and having all these worries about if I would be able to do all that I wanted to and if I would be lazy or if I would work hard, I had a really sweet revelation, it was, "If Christ had quit the last month of His mission, what would have happened?" So if things get hard this last transfer, I'll just remember that, and I think I'll be fine.
     Anyways, I love you all and hope things go well. Thanks for the package and whatnot. My birthday was superb. Short summary, did like 6 hours of office work for transfers, went to church, and a bunch of elders snuck into our apartment and suprised me with cake and a song, and then took me golfing today. So it was nice. J Dub, that is the most awesome birthday gift. I will probably forget in the coming weeks, so you need to remind me. Don't know when you'll be in Utah, but we'll make it happen. Good luck Tan and Misa in Med School. Libby, you are looking so old now it is crazy. James and Charlie look nothing like when I started (partially because Charlie wasn't born.) Love you all and happy August.

-Elder Muaj Zoo Vwj

Pics: This is a pic of Brooks and me, the man getting baptized August 16th. Love this guy so much.

No comments :

Post a Comment