Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Spirit Got Me Good and I For Sure Started To Cry

This past week has been possibly the best of my whole mission. The Lord is blessing Elder Lao and I a ton, please keep praying for us because it's working. 
     Last night I had one of the most special experiences of my entire mission. A man named Brooks that I taught in Bloomington was baptized yesterday. At the service the whole chapel was filled with people from the ward there to support him. Elder Craft, who was the first missionary to begin teaching him three years ago performed the baptism. Elder Crapo (my old comp,) A member from the ward, and myself were also in the font to help dip him under and to get him out of the water. We had the curtains open with so many people there, and right as he came out of the water they closed the curtains. The five of us were in the font together and Brooks started crying. You could see and feel 59 years of guilt being lifted and the hope come into his eyes. It reminded me of the scripture In Mosiah Chapter 18 Verse 30 
      And now it came to pass that all this was done in Minnesota, yea, by the waters of Minnesotain the forest that was near the waters of Minnesota; yea, the place of Minnesota, the waters of Minnesota, the forest of Minnesota, how beautiful are they to the eyes of them who there came to the knowledge of their Redeemer; yea, and how blessed are they, for they shall sing to his praise forever.
     Minnesota really has become sacred ground to me because this is where I came to know God as well as watched others do the same. 
     We also found a few investigators last weekend that are progressing really well and came to church yesterday. We are teaching a deaf mom who's three daughters were recently baptized. No I don't speak sign language, but the daughters translate for us, and last week she committed to Sept. 12 for baptism. As well as the mom and son that I talked about 2 weeks ago came to church yesterday and the son is going on a young mens campout this weekend. Elder Lao and I are going over tonight and plan to commit them to Sept. 12 for baptism. 
     Elder Lao and I have grown so much the last couple days, we started off the transfer with a desire to work, and be obedient and that has made all the difference. I hope in the coming days it will only get even better.
     Last Thursday, our district leader asked Elder Lao and I to train on receiving revelation, and we started our training by reading our call letter to Minnesota. The Spirit got me good and I for sure started to cry. It is amazing how much more those words mean to me now than they did almost 2 and a half years ago. Thanks for everything, good luck this week.

And though I don't usually include the letters we write to Marshall, here is a response from JW: 
Dear Marshall, 
I love you! 
Love,
Big Bro
P.S. Never stop sharing this magnificent gospel! Everyone you see needs it. They need to know there is a God who loves them and a Savior who can free them from their mistakes and carry their burdens with them.
P.P.S. Picture is from a date night with the kids. Jessi and u have started to doing one-on-one dates with the kids. I took both this week cause she's about to have a baby (Monday the 24th!). Probably named Bonecrusher, but August as a backup.


No comments :

Post a Comment