Monday, March 2, 2015

World War 3

I've got sad news everybody. This week is my Sister Mark  :'(    
         Well this last week was just about as wild as that one time Tanner and I road flying Great White Sharks into that volcano in Hawaii with dynamite strapped to our chests.
     Thursday night Elder Morrow and I finished our scripture study class and we both felt like we needed to go visit the family of 7 that was planning to get married this Friday and we are glad we did. The first thing that the wife said when we went in the house is that she was getting a divorce and taking all the kids. (Since this isn't my first rodeo with this sort of thing it didn't suprise me as much as it probably should have.) My companion kind of went into shock for a bit but he leveled out after a few minutes. I told all the kids to go upstairs and then we began... What followed was basically World War 3 condensed into 2 and a half hours of the most intense marriage counseling know to mankind. To make a long story short by the end the both of them were praying together and were both apologizing so I consider it a success. They moved the wedding a few weeks back because of all the stress which is fine by me because after that I don't know if I had it in me to plan a wedding in two days. 
     They all came to church this Sunday as well and it was one of the most spiritual sacrament meetings on my mission. Usually during fast Sunday all the grandmas get up and start sharing about the journey in Laos which is pretty cool but I've heard it 14 times. During sacrament there was the coolest testimonies born, even P the non-member I taught in St.Paul got up and dropped a Spirit Bomb on the whole congregation. She talked about how bad she wanted to get baptized and how lucky all the members were that they got to make covenants with Heavenly Father. Really cool for our investigators to hear.
      Last highlight of the week is that this guy K that we have been teaching, (who before we started teaching knew nothing about Jesus Christ,) is progressing super well and has come to church a couple times now. It is always awesome to teach people who don't know God and watch them grow. 
                                                     -Elder Henrie

No comments :

Post a Comment