Monday, April 6, 2015

Bloom Town



     Things this week have been crazy for sure. We had transfer week this Wednesday so we had to rush around. We drove to the airport in separate cars (which freaked me out when I had to drive back alone. Had a nice moment singing David Archuleta by myself though so it's cool,) to drop off the departing missionaries and pick up the new ones. It was really neat to take one of my old companions Elder Hardy to the airport and drop him off. We talked about all the good times we had together and all the things we learned. It made me really appreciate that I am not him though because all the going home missionaries looked way worse off than the ones coming in. It was great to see the new missionaries come in with their faith and to see their excitement to get underway.      
     Things with teaching the Mikas people are super weird. It is cool to get to teach in English again but sometimes I still do some asian stuff that Mikas people just don't quite understand. Like the other night we were at dinner with our elders quorum president and his wife put the scooper thing for the potatoes with the wrong side facing up. In Hmong culture if you put the food scooper the wrong way up then it invites spirits to come and eat with you. Which is bad. So I explained that to them and they looked at me like I was from another planet. I'm sure I'll adjust pretty quick though but until then I guess the rule of thumb is to not bring up bad spirits at the dinner table. 
      We had a pretty cool miracle yesterday as well. We were in the mission office doing work and I saw a not that was under some papers so I pulled it out and it was a note that we were suppose to call back a lady because she needed help moving but the note got lost under some papers. So we call her up and she says that she needs help big time and wants to learn more about our religion as well. Sounds pretty golden and were teaching her tonight at 8 so that should be fun.
      So conference blew my mind...again. Elder Holland's talk was one of my favorite talks of all time. Especially with James' birthday just passing I thought about him a lot during the talk and realized how strong the bond between brothers really is. I feel now that I have been out on my mission I have grown so much closer to James, Tan, & J dub which is really cool. It's almost as if the mission was the last hurdle I had to jump before we could really fully understand each other and it has been cool to remember experiences that they had as I have served the Lord. 
     Love you all and good luck this next week. Happy Easter. Try not to go into a food coma from all the potatoes and chocolate. Talk to you later. 

-Elder Henrie

No comments :

Post a Comment