Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Last Moments of My Hmong Ministry

     Hey Fam. Sorry that I missed the e-mail this last Monday but things are getting real busy. From now on my P-Days will be a little sporadic but I still should be able to send an e-mail every week. Big News. I got transferred. Usually in the mission President sends out the transfers to our e-mail on Monday morning but this Sunday morning he called and let me know that I will be serving in Bloomington now. They told me that I had a couple hours to pack and that they were picking me up that night so I went to church came home and then left. Pretty nervous to be out of the Hmong work but I am super excited for the challenge and opportunity in front of me. 
     Couple updates on the last moments of my Hmong ministry and then I'll let you know what's going on here. Nalee got BAPTIZED! It was a super cool baptismal service and her testimony was super boss. Then after her baptism she asked me to confirm her and it was one of the most spiritual moments on Sunday when we gave her the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Especially because it was Libby and James' birthday. I was thinking about them a lot and just how awesome the both of them are. During Nalee's blessing. I promised her that she would have her character changed to become more like Christ as she followed the Holy Ghost and as I did that I thought about all the great qualities that James and Libby possess and how Christlike the both of them are. Nalee was one of my favorite investigators on my mission and I really hope that she continues to stay strong.
     Things out here in Bloomington are pretty cool. I have learned in these first few days, that I still have a lot to learn. I really look forward to the next few months though and the challenge that lies ahead. My companion Elder King is a really cool guy. He used to be a Spanish missionary so he knows what is like to have to leave the culture behind and start teaching mikas people which should be really helpful. He is from Vernal Utah. Loves Murica, shooting guns, and sports so we should do just fine.
     SHOUTOUT to my SISTER
   You are the coolest little sister in the world. Every time mom and dad talk about you they only say how great you are doing in school and how everybody loves you a ton. Happy tenth (haha didn't think you were getting baptized again this time) b-day. Even though you are still super young I am amazed at how much you help everyone and how much you love others. All of your letters and little crafts that you send me are super nice. I especially loved the picture of the bald eagle and the I love USA picture. You are the bomb. Happy Birthday Libs.


Elder Henrie & Elder King

No comments :

Post a Comment