Monday, April 27, 2015

"Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire"



Yeah that was a top gun reference and also a reference to a little mishap last night when we were at a birthday party and the happy birthday song ended with a small fire.
     Things this week have been really great and we have been blessed with so many miracles. We have a member returning from activity in our ward who is an ex-marine and the other night we payed him a visit. Well I love guns and America so we got along great. He ended up showing me all of his guns that he has and while we were there I was thinkin, "Man, it would really sweet to teach an investigator like this guy." So that night I prayed super hard that we would be able to teach a guy like Ryan. The next day, we get a call from a man who says he has friends who are Mormon in a different city and he wanted to learn about our religion.We visited him yesterday afternoon for the first time and one of the first things he says is, "I'm an ex-marine and I have seen a lot of things that the two of you haven't, so don't try and beat around the bush with this stuff and just tell me what's up." My companions jaw dropped and I almost started laughing. He is so much like Ryan and we are hoping Ryan can come out joint-teaching with us this Thursday. So yes, God does answer prayers.
     Also we have a man with a date set for May 9th and is working on quitting cigars. He calls us almost every night around 3 or 4 in the morning because he feels the need to smoke and so we talk with him for about 20 minutes and by the end he is just saying, "I got this, I got this." It is cool to see his desire and God is blessing him for it but man I hope God changes time somehow and I get to sleep more because I fell asleep in a lesson the other day and I felt so bad. It's all good though the member was cool about it.
      Last miracle is that we found this ward member who has a super nice gym and loves to work out and we started going with him in the mornings. He is semi-active but we gave him a blessing before he took his finals in college and he did super well on all of them. He has come back to church and is getting really strong which is neat to see.

                       -Sib Ntsib Dua,
                                 Muaj Zoo

No comments :

Post a Comment