Monday, July 6, 2015

After Seeing What It Takes To Be A True Man...

  My mind is totally blown right now. I swear Tanner if this is a joke I will take tomorrow as my P-Day and cry for 17 hours straight. But if this is real then CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I held that down for as long as I could hold my breath. I can't believe that you are going to be a father. Literally, I can't believe it. I remember those days of when you shot bottle rockets at me while I was going to the bathroom and that time of when we were jumping on our beds and yours shattered into a million pieces, or the time that we "Modified" some Piccalo Pete fireworks to make them more exciting. Wow, I hope if it's a boy he turns out better than the both of us.
      Honestly though, I'm sure Misa will be a wonderful mother for him. It is crazy to think that you were born in Louisiana while dad was in medschool and now you will have a kid at a similar stage in life. The apple really didn't fall to far from the tree on that one. His theme song for life should totally be "Born on the Bayou" by Credence Clearwater Revival. That would be so legendary. 
     Also, to my father. Happy Birthday. I could not ask for a better dad than you. The reason I know that you are a great dad, is because if I ever need to know how I should act, I know I can ask myself, what would my dad do? and then I just try my best to follow your example. It freaks me out a bit sometimes because I have started to see how much I act like you sometimes. (Not that that's a bad thing,) but I say something and I realize, "Wow, my dad would say something exactly like that." But I'm truly proud to call myself your son. I have seen on my mission so many poor examples of what a father should be and it has helped me to be much more grateful for the wonderful opportunity and life that you have given me and our family. If you ever question what kind of job you have done, just look at Tan, J Dub and Lib. They all turned out wonderful. You'll have to wait and see about me, still not sure yet.
      Before I came out, I had a pretty fake idea of what life was all about and I just thought that being successful would fall into my lap. However, after seeing what it really takes to be a true man in the world, I realize I have a long way to go before I can count myself half the man you are today. So thanks for your amazing example and all the love and patience you have shown me throughout your life and Happy Birthday.
      Things are going great though and we have some baptisms coming up in our area so I am excited. Love y'all, and happy birthmus to Murica


No comments :

Post a Comment