Thursday, June 25, 2015

It Took A Whole Lot Of Work To Get My Shirts This Dirty

Sorry I didn't get to email on Monday. Because of transfers this week our p-day was switched to today. First of all happy father's day dad. I really do feel that your one of those people that has reached perfection. There was many talks throughout the years from you to me about what I needed to do to be happy in life, I forgot pretty much everything you said, but I will never forget that we had them. All the time we spent going to the golf course, going to movies, mountain biking, in church together, at scouts, and doing chores around the house was worth a lot to me. I have learned so much from your example and from the way that you taught our family. Thanks.
       We have had many great things happen this week and some hard things as well. Yesterday I drove my last companion Elder King to the airport which was pretty hard. He is a stud and we became good friends as we served together. Sad to see him go but I'm sure there are great things ahead for him. We picked up 15 noobs yesterday afternoon as well. Their shirts are SO white. I couldn't believe it. I felt almost embarrassed by how dirty my shirts were, but then I remembered, it took a whole lot of hard work and miles on a bike to get my shirts this dirty and I would never take all that back. I am excited for all of them too. They have such great faith and it is a good reminder to me to not lose that faith and excitement that I had as I first began my mission. 
     Last night we had two cool miracles. We are teaching a man that has been progressing but hasn't been able to quit smoking. We hadn't talked to him in 3 days and for the first thing he said when we called him was, Elders, I don't know how, but I haven't smoked for 3 days. He said he wants to keep moving forward and be baptized in the coming month so I'm looking forward to that. Also we visited a part-member couple that hadn't been contacted in a few years and they were so excited to see us. The 25 year old daughter has a boyfriend who is interested as well. They were being kind of stubborn about coming to church though so I challenged them to a cook off for breakfast this sunday and they agreed. I'm planning on whipping up some pancakes with buttermilk syrup. I have no idea how to make that but they name makes me think it's probably not to hard. Wish me luck.
     Everything is good though and don't worry, I'm not even missing swimming this summer. It is so humid that it's basically like were doing water aerobics just walking around. Love y'all and have a good week.

No comments :

Post a Comment