Wednesday, May 27, 2015

If God Loves You, He Will Push You

 Sorry that I didn't get a chance to write last week or this Monday. We had mission conference this Tuesday so we were busy Monday getting ready for that whole schmeel. It was awesome, got some revelation that blew my mind. 
     Here is an update on my life. Went to a Twins Baseball game and they won 7-3. Pretty sweet. Our investigator Jasmine just had her interview this morning and she passed.  Her baptism will be this Sunday at 8 so I'm pretty pumped. The ex-marine guy that we are teaching has a lesson set up tonight at 7 so hopefully we can help him come to know that the Book of Mormon is true. Tony Bass, an eternigator finally quit smoking so hopefully we can see him baptized in the next couple weeks. All is well. 
     So... Mission Conference. Elder Clarke who is in the 1st quorum of the seventy came and trained on the sabbath day. We had all the missionaries in the whole mission there which is around 235. I had the chance to conduct the meeting and I can honestly say I don't know if there is anything more powerful than sitting in the front of a chapel as 235 missionaries sing the hymn Lead Kindly Light. A moment that I won't soon forget. 
     Here are the things of revelation that I picked out of the meeting:
 "If God loves you, He will push you."
  We teach people that we can become like God, if we tell ourselves that we can't find people to teach and baptize, we are selling ourselves way to short. 
  Lastly, to be humble. Had an experience at the meeting that really humbled me. Because of the busyness of the meeting and the things that had to get done I forgot to eat that day and it was around 1:30. We had been it the meeting since about 10:30 and all I could think about was eating. I was thinking to myself, "Man this meeting would probably be a lot more enlightening if I could have some food." Right after I thought that, Elder Clarke told all of us how, there are many weekends that he has to go without taking the sacrament. When he said that I realized that I was complaining about the littlest thing and that there is always someone who has bigger challenges. May not seem like the biggest thing but it was a good lesson for me.
 That's all for now though. Good luck and have a good week.

Pictures: Elder Crapo and I in the stands. 
Me and Elder Blanch getting Pysched UP!
Elder Crapo getting searched in security because he had a pocket knife. Classic Idaho Boy








No comments :

Post a Comment