Monday, June 1, 2015

SUMMER!!!!

   We have a zone p-day today to kick off the first day of summer. J Dub, I am wearing the shirt with the bald eagle riding in an airplane with an american flag in the background, just to celebrate. 
     Things this week were pretty sweet. Here are some of the highlights: I ate at Panda Express (YUM), I saw a Lamborghini, and best of all, our investigator Jasmine was baptized yesterday morning. The bad part about an early morning baptism though is that it takes 2 1/2 hours to fill up the font so elder Crapo and I woke up at 4:30 yesterday to fill it up. Totally worth it though. Jasmine was one of the most prepared investigators I have ever seen on my mission. Her husband came up to us after and thanked us. He is a return missionary and they were recently married but have been dating for around 2 years so he had been waiting a long time for this moment. We invited Jasmine to come bear her testimony to a group of missionaries on how important it is that we fulfill our purpose. I can't wait. 
     Unfortunately we didn't get to spend much time in our own area this week. We held mission conference on Tuesday then we were on exchanges in Oakdale Wisconsin on Wednesday and then we were up in St. Cloud, MN on Thursday. It was weird because I didn't see Elder Crapo for like 2 and a half days. Good to be back for sure. 
     I think the think that I learned this week was how important it is to be humble. Getting to work with all of the different missionaries it is so obvious that the humble missionaries are always happier, more effective, and see many more miracles. 
     Last miracle is my main man named Brother Brooks. He has been taught by missionaries for around 3 years and has had many different struggles and concerns. He is a quadripalegic (spelled that wrong) and so often times Elder Crapo and I help him get in and out of his wheelchair, get dressed, and help him in and out of bed. I think I love this man more than I have loved anyone I've ever taught. He is so humble and so hilarious. This Sunday he came and saw Jasmine's baptism. He loved it. Suprisingly it was the first baptism he has seen and he said he felt the spirit and wants to be baptized this June. He is so ready. I can't wait!
      Things are going well though and I love y'all. Peace
                                          -Elder Henrie

No comments :

Post a Comment