Monday, June 15, 2015

Your Brother Is Really Happy

    Bloomington is bumpin. We have had some interesting experiences this past week. First, I got to use my landscaping skills that I learned from doing that for like 3 weeks before the mish. There is a part member in our ward who have been taught by missionaries for quite awhile but we had a neat opportunity to help them progress this past week. They are redoing their house because they want to move do a different area in the city and so I told her that I used to do landscaping before my mission, (I didn't say that all I did was pretty much dig holes and mow lawns,) and she took that to mean that I am an expert tradesman. So we built a big cement retaining wall for her garden, replaced a window well, and are planning to rebuild the deck this next week. I'm learning a lot but the bad thing is I have to learn by experience which can cause some roadblocks. The cool thing is that the dad came to church this Sunday, (he is the nonmember) and he stayed for all 3 hours which he has never before done, even though his wife has been a member her whole life. Pretty sweet.
     Here are some other highlights of the week:
       I drank chocolate covered maple smoked bacon flavored soda. It blew my mind.
       A less active who is my favorite guy in the world came to church this past sunday and prayed with us in our lesson. 
     We are teaching a man who is a quadripolegic, and he has a date set for an     August 9th baptism. He has been taught by missionaries for 3 years but finally read the book of mormon and feels that it is true. Gotta love that book.
     Elder Crapo and I, along with our current calling, are now duel training a missionary as well. His name is Elder Fabrizio. He is a super stud kid. He is also ginormous. He is 6' 4" and 215lbs. He has a scholarship to Utah to play safety. I love him. 
     This Tuesday my MTC teacher is getting sealed in the temple in Minnesota so I get to go see him.
     Tomorrow the kids in the family of 7 that I taught in Minneapolis are getting baptized:)!!!!!!!!
     There is a lot going on at this time with transfers coming up as well so I appreciate all the prayers I can get. 
     Almost forgot. This last Friday was 9 years since James passed away and I had a really neat miracle that day. When I woke up in the morning in my prayer I said something along the lines of, "Dear God, I know the church is true and all, but it would be pretty sweet if you sent me a message that James is happy and doing well, thanks, Amen."
     So we headed off to a zone training that went well. But after the meeting, one of the missionaries, Elder Morgan, came up to me and put his hand on my shoulder and said, I don't know why but I feel like I just need to tell you that your brother is really happy and is doing a great work for God right now. My jaw literally dropped through the floor. It was so cool. I will love him forever for that. 
   

                                                                               Love,
                                                                                  Koj tus Phooj Ywg 

No comments :

Post a Comment